Skip to main content

Sleepless nights

When I first encountered generalised anxiety disorder I was not sleeping and I was not eating. I was in a terrible state every night with my irrational thoughts keeping me awake. 

Fast forward 6 years and I am experiencing sleepless nights again but because of my rational thoughts. My rational worries are keeping me awake as subconsciously I cannot shift them. I am not actively thinking about my concerns but my body and mind is reacting as if I am. 

I never thought I would be back here again and even though the concerns are legitimate I am reliving that part of my life. 

I am in a good mental state, for the most part and although I have had concerns and worries since coming off the medication this has not happened before now. 

I really hope this improves soon as this is no way to function no matter the root cause. 

BCL says

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Empathy

Being an empath is super hard but on the other side of things I’m so grateful. That intense empathy I feel invades my whole life, I feel the intensity with every aspect of it. I feel as if knowing yourself so rawly is scary but also rewarding. There’s a certain contentment with understanding yourself and others. Everyone you cross paths with and their emotions impact you and you learn things about yourself without even realising it.   BCL says

Midnight lies

Being able to self publish a third story, of mine in print has definitely been a highlight for me this year. As shitty as 2020 has been I have never been more proud of myself since I started this blog over 3/4 years ago.  The third self published story I have written is a thriller and is the longest I’ve managed as of yet. Please follow the link below in order to purchase a copy to show me some love and support! It will always be very much appreciated. Midnight lies https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08RR7G893/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_RMB7Fb85RD3Q0i  Happy New Year  people, may 2021 be better like by 100000000%  Thank you,  BCL says

Cervical Screening Awareness Week - Personal update

Hi everyone,  I hope all who read my blog are happy and healthy. As it’s cervical screening awareness week this week I thought I’d update you all on my journey. My previous post confirmed I had been diagnosed with CIN2 and the doctors had advised I do conservative management. I went along with this, until 9 months in, it was confirmed I had not shifted my CIN2. The conservative management is for a 2 year period so therefore on my last colposcopy, the nurse advised I get the treatment to remove the abnormal cells. I was more than happy with this as, not only does it give me peace of mind the cells cannot get any worse but I also felt if there was not an improvement by 9 months, this was not a good sign.  Fast forward to 27th May when my LLETZ procedure took place. The nurses were lovely, the procedure was horrendous, (I’m not going to sugar-coat it for you, it was awful), and I’m in recovery.  Last weekend, unlucky for me, I experienced a uncommon complication from the procedure. I won’