Skip to main content

HPV Awareness and Cervical Screening

Morning all,

HPV is a sexually transmitted infection with multiple strains. It is so common that almost EVERYONE who is sexually active AT ALL will get it at some point in their life. It is also one of the only STI's that has no symptoms and is also one of the only STI's that goes away on its own, your immune system essentially just kicks it out so it is not harmful for the most part. It is only harmful if you get certain strains of it and your immune system DOES NOT kick it out. If your immune system does not remove it, (which is almost always the case) women can and will get cervical cell changes. These changes are called CIN and there are 3 stages, CIN1, CIN2 and CIN3. These changes can go away on their own but if they do not, treatment is required to stop the cells multiplying and causing cervical cancer. 

I am raising awareness of HPV and smear tests because I have been one of the unlucky ones who have suffered the abnormal cell changes, I myself, have CIN2 and will require a care plan called Conservative Management. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, always go to your smears and your cervical screens, as this is the only way HPV is detected. It is so important because you cannot possibly know your cells have changed as the changes are not visible and there are NO SYMPTOMS. 

Thank you & Stay Safe 

BCL says

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Empathy

Being an empath is super hard but on the other side of things I’m so grateful. That intense empathy I feel invades my whole life, I feel the intensity with every aspect of it. I feel as if knowing yourself so rawly is scary but also rewarding. There’s a certain contentment with understanding yourself and others. Everyone you cross paths with and their emotions impact you and you learn things about yourself without even realising it.   BCL says

Midnight lies

Being able to self publish a third story, of mine in print has definitely been a highlight for me this year. As shitty as 2020 has been I have never been more proud of myself since I started this blog over 3/4 years ago.  The third self published story I have written is a thriller and is the longest I’ve managed as of yet. Please follow the link below in order to purchase a copy to show me some love and support! It will always be very much appreciated. Midnight lies https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08RR7G893/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_RMB7Fb85RD3Q0i  Happy New Year  people, may 2021 be better like by 100000000%  Thank you,  BCL says

Interpretation

I  feel enriched in so many ways when reading. I do find myself lately only interested in reading fiction that actually teaches me about people and how they feel. Fiction is super relatable but even when I cannot relate specifically, it helps me to understand more about myself and others in so many ways. When I tell this to people, sometimes they don’t understand how fiction can have this effect. I suppose it’s all down to interpretation.   BCL says