Skip to main content

Relationships are lessons

I don’t know for sure but I’m pretty sure a lot of people can relate to the title of this blog post.

Every relationship I have been in I have learnt things about myself and how to do this whole relationship stuff as correctly as I possibly can. I’ve also learnt about different types of relationships and how each partner has a different take on how to be my partner.

Relationships are wonderful but they are also hard work. They are not hard work because loving someone is hard, it’s painful yes, but not hard. They are hard work because you need to adjust to another person and how they see fit to behave and be ok with it.

You may think you know how it’s going to be when you date someone based on previous relationships but you don’t. They are all different. For example, you get the people who will text you constantly and then you’ll get the people who do not see it as necessary, unless they have something to say.

I’ve been in both of these situations and I can tell you now, I was so confused with the change in behaviour. I thought there must be something wrong with this relationship because it’s not how I remember my last one being. But, what we need to understand is, just because people take a different approach based on who they are as a person, this does not mean they care any less or love you any less.

I’ve also learnt to be less selfish and try to empathise as much as possible. We do seem to always think about how a situation makes ourselves feel but not how the other person in the relationship may or may not feel. This is something I struggle with but I’m learning.

If you learn good or bad things about yourself in any relationship that’s a good thing. You can then make each relationship better than the last (or at least try to).

BCL says

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Empathy

Being an empath is super hard but on the other side of things I’m so grateful. That intense empathy I feel invades my whole life, I feel the intensity with every aspect of it. I feel as if knowing yourself so rawly is scary but also rewarding. There’s a certain contentment with understanding yourself and others. Everyone you cross paths with and their emotions impact you and you learn things about yourself without even realising it.   BCL says

Midnight lies

Being able to self publish a third story, of mine in print has definitely been a highlight for me this year. As shitty as 2020 has been I have never been more proud of myself since I started this blog over 3/4 years ago.  The third self published story I have written is a thriller and is the longest I’ve managed as of yet. Please follow the link below in order to purchase a copy to show me some love and support! It will always be very much appreciated. Midnight lies https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08RR7G893/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_RMB7Fb85RD3Q0i  Happy New Year  people, may 2021 be better like by 100000000%  Thank you,  BCL says

Interpretation

I  feel enriched in so many ways when reading. I do find myself lately only interested in reading fiction that actually teaches me about people and how they feel. Fiction is super relatable but even when I cannot relate specifically, it helps me to understand more about myself and others in so many ways. When I tell this to people, sometimes they don’t understand how fiction can have this effect. I suppose it’s all down to interpretation.   BCL says